- 250g Creative Gourmet Frozen Pink Dragonfruit Chunks (thawed)
- 250g Creative Gourmet Frozen Blueberries
- 250g Creative Gourmet Frozen Raspberries
- 125g Creative Gourmet Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 10 fairly thick slices of white bread, crusts removed
- Double cream (optional)
Products Used In This Recipe:
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and berries and place over a medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring until a syrup forms are slightly softened and remove from heat straight away.
- Use 6 slices of bread to line the base and sides of a 1.5-litre pudding basin. First, line base with a large round piece (about 10cm). Cut any remaining bread from the 6 slices of bread into thick, tapered fingers (two from each slice) to line sides, placing them side by side.
- Place just the fruit in the dish, packing it tightly. Pour in half the syrup from the berries and reserve the remaining syrup.
- Place the 4 remaining slices of bread on top of the fruit, then pour over half the remaining syrup. Cover the dish with a heavyweight, one that is small enough to rest on the pudding itself. It must be able to exert considerable pressure. Perhaps a few extra plates will be needed.
- Leave the pudding overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove any extra syrup, turn out by placing a plate over the dish and flip it upside down.
- Serve with extra berries and double cream.