Lychee Mousse Cakes
Prep Time 20 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
- 570g Frozen Creative Gourmet Lychees
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 200mL Fresh Cream
- 2tsp Gelatine
- 15mL Sake Mirin
- Place the Fresh Cream into a large bowl and whip until firm. Keep in the fridge.
- Take the defrosted Lychee and mush until 100mL of Liquid is formed (keep broken lychee’s for later). Using the 100mL of Lychee liquid place into a saucepan and heat until it comes to the boil and then turn off heat.
- Add 1tsp Gelatine to the Lychee liquid, stirring until dissolved.
- Grease the mousse moulds with butter or spray and poor 30ml of liquid into each mould and let it solidify.
- Blend the left-over lychees and put them into a saucepan with caster sugar. Turn on medium heat and melt the sugar. Once melted and liquid comes to the boil, add the Sake. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring.
- Take off heat, add 1tsp Gelatine to the mixture and mix well. Let it cool for 15 minutes or until it is at room temperature.
- Take the cream and add the Lychee mixture a little at a time. Once perfectly blended, portion the mousse into 3 moulds and place in the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
- Once ready, immerse moulds in hot water for 5 seconds and turn them over onto a plate and shake slightly.
- Serve garnished with Lychees.