Prep Time 10-15 min
Cook Time 40-45 min
- 25g butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cups Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut (thawed & shredded finely)
- 1 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 500ml fresh milk cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar or to taste
- ¼ cup Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut (thawed & sliced in strips)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Transfer mixture into the lined tin; bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack, top-side up, to cool.
- Combine vanilla extract, and cream into a bowl adding the sugar in small amounts. Beat using an electric mixer until it holds soft peaks, about 2 minutes.
- Slice Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut finely in strips.
- Using a long serrated knife, slice the cooled cake horizontally into 2 layers. Carefully place one half aside.
- Evenly spread 1/4 of the filling over the cut side of the bottom cake layer.
- Place second cake layer over the filling, cut side down, pressing gently to secure it.
- Using an offset spatula or a long, thin spatula, spread 3/4 cup of the cream in a thin layer over the top and sides of the cake.
Add sliced coconut on top.