Acai Bowl Recipe
Serves Serves 2-4 (dependant on additional toppings)
Prep Time 5 min
Cook Time 0 min
- 1 individual pouch (brick) Creative Gourmet Acai Puree
- 1/2 cup of frozen Banana Slices*
- 1/2 cup of frozen Mango Pieces*
- 1/2 cup of frozen Pineapple Pieces*
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Coconut Water, Water, Apple Juice or Non-Dairy Milk
*Please note that you can substitute the marked frozen ingredients with fresh.
The trick to making the perfect Acai bowl is to add just a little liquid at a time.
- Blend the Banana, Mango and Pineapple with 1/4 cup of liquid.
- Run the individual Creative Gourmet Acai Puree pouch under water to release the packaging.
- Cut the top off the plastic pouch to remove the frozen Acai brick from the packaging.
- Add the Acai brick to the mix (breaking it into smaller pieces for ease of blending).
- Blend again, adding more liquid if you need it – but don’t overdo it as you want it to remain thick*.
- Once combined, spoon into a bowl and top with your favourite toppings such as fresh fruit and granola.
*if you end up using too much liquid, try adding more frozen fruit or another Acai brick to thicken it up.
**if you want to make it into a smoothie, just add more liquid.