- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup water
- 750g Creative Gourmet Frozen Watermelon Chunks
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 eggwhites, lightly whisked
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Combine sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Simmer without stirring for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat. Cool completely.
- Place Creative Gourmet Frozen Watermelon Chunks in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth. Using a fine sieve, strain watermelon into a large bowl. Discard pulp.
- Add sugar mixture, lime rind, rose water and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 3cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Cover and freeze for 1 to 2 hours or until almost firm.
- Transfer fruit mixture to a food processor. Add eggwhites. Process until smooth but not melted. Pour mixture into a 6cm-deep, 11.5cm x 21.5cm (base) loaf pan that has been lined with cling wrap.Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm.