- 125g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (225g) self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup milk
- 300g box Creative Gourmet Organic frozen Raspberries
- 300ml carton thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar mixture
Products Used In This Recipe:
Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole (1/3 cup capacity) muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the flour alternately with the milk until well combined. Scatter over 1 cup frozen berries and gently stir to combine. Spoon mixture into cases. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean. Set aside for 5 minutes then transfer cakes to a wire rack to cool.
3. To make cupcake topping, place remaining raspberries into a shallow bowl. Set aside to defrost. Roughly mash with a fork. In another bowl, beat cream and icing sugar until firm peaks form.
4. To serve, spoon cream evenly onto cupcakes. Spoon over mashed raspberries and serve.
PER SERVE: 1311kJ, protein 4.4g, total fat 19.3g (sat. fat 12.3g), cholesterol 88.3mg, carbs 30.6g, fibre 2.1g, sodium 232.5mg. GI estimate: Medium
Nutrition tip – replace sugar with granulated sugar substitute, use light cream and replace butter with 40% reduced fat spread.
Replace sugar with granulated sugar substitute, use light cream and replace butter with 40% reduced fat spread.
Creative Gourmet Organic frozen Raspberries are very sweet and great for this recipe, if preferred use non-organic Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries.
Multix brand muffin wrappers (from baking section in supermarkets) make the perfect non-stick paper liners.