- 200g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 11/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- 1 cup Creative Gourmet frozen Blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 600ml carton thickened cream
- 1 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 3cm-deep 24cm x 29.5cm (base) rectangle baking pan.
- To make the pastry base, beat butter and sugar until well combined. Stir in plain flour and coconut. Mix well. Press the mixture evenly over the base of pan using your fingertips. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread the frozen berries over the pastry base. Whisk the eggs, egg yolks, 1/4 cup sugar, cream and custard powder until well combined. Pour over the berries. Bake for 30 minutes or until the centre is set. Allow to cool completely in the pan. Combine remaining 1 tbs sugar and nutmeg, sprinkle over slice. Cut slice into pieces and serve.