- ½ cup milk
- 600ml thickened cream
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 ½ tsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways
- 1 tbs boiling water
- 2 ½ tsp powdered gelatine
- 600g Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
Products Used In This Recipe:
- To make panna cotta, place milk, cream, sugar and orange zest into a medium saucepan. Using a teaspoon, scrape vanilla bean seeds into pan then add the pod. Stir until sugar dissolves and bring slowly to the boil over medium-low heat. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Place boiling water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine and stir until dissolved. Set aside 3 minutes. Stir gelatine mixture into cream mixture. Strain cream mixture through a sieve into a heatproof jug. Evenly pour (using about 1/3 cup mixture per glass) into 10 x 1 cup capacity serving glasses. Cover each glass with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight until set.
- Before serving, defrost the frozen berries in a shallow bowl. To serve, spoon berries over the panna cotta.
- This impressive make-ahead ‘mini’ dessert is fabulous for easy entertaining.
- If preferred, pour the panna cotta into 6 glasses for a larger dessert.
- Any Creative Gourmet frozen Berries can be used
- Sprinkle berries with icing sugar as the red currants in the mix are quite tart and require sweetening.
- Nutrition tip – for a healthier dessert replace cream with fat free plain yoghurt instead of cream.
1294kJ, protein 3g, total fat 23g (sat. fat 15g), cholesterol 71.4mg, carbs 24.6g, fibre 2.5g, sodium 38mg. GI estimate: Medium