5 minutes min
25 mins min
- 2/3 cup (150g) medium grain (Calrose) rice
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or vanilla extract
- 100ml water
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut, defrosted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
Products Used In This Recipe:
1. Shred Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut in a blender or food processor.
2. Combine the rice, milk, coconut milk, vanilla essence and 100ml of water in a saucepan.
3. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring often for 15-20 minutes (If necessary, add a few more tablespoons of water to the mixture if it looks like it’s drying out) until tender.
4. Stir in the sugar and butter for 1 minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Pour into glasses and place in the fridge until it sets, about 30 minutes.
6. Serve topped with a drizzle of honey and a dust of cinnamon.
You can serve this warm or cold.