- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 75g cold butter, finely diced
- 1 tbs caster sugar
- 1 cup Creative Gourmet frozen Blueberries
- 3/4 cup cream + extra for brushing
- ½ cup milk
- Whipped cream, to serve
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar and frozen blueberries. Make a well in the centre.
- Mix cream and milk in a jug. Pour into dry ingredients. Using a flat-bladed knife, mix until a rough dough forms.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and gently bring dough together. Pat out dough until 3cm thick. Using a 5cm floured cookie cutter, cut out rounds and arrange about 1cm apart on baking tray. Lightly brush with cream.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden. Remove scones from tray and wrap in a clean tea towel. Serve warm scones with whipped cream.
- Per scone: 855kJ, protein 3.5g, total fat 10.7g (sat. fat 6.8g), cholesterol 32.3mg, carbs 23.1g, fibre 1.3g, sodium 361.6mg. GI estimate: high