- 450g panettone, crust trimmed and cut into 3cm cubes
- 100ml Tia Maria or similar liqueur
- 300g Creative Gourmet frozen Blueberries
- 500g Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups double thick vanilla custard
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- Chocolate curls or coarsely grated dark chocolate, to serve
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Place panettone into a medium bowl. Drizzle with liqueur, stir to combine and stand for 10 minutes. Place frozen berries in another bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tbs icing sugar and stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a medium bowl. Using electric hand beaters, beat until smooth. Add custard and 1/3 cup icing sugar and beat for 4-5 minutes on high until smooth.
- To assemble trifle, arrange half the soaked panettone into the base of a 10 to 12-cup trifle bowl or dish. Spoon over half the custard mixture. Sprinkle with half the berries. Repeat layering finishing with berries. Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- To serve, top trifle with chocolate curls or grated dark chocolate and serve.
- Panettone is Italian spiced yeast bread containing sultanas and candied peel. Sold in dome-shaped boxes, it’s available in supermarkets. Slice and toast leftover panettone and serve for breakfast
- If you don’t have a trifle bowl, you can use a salad bowl, or even a glass flower vase
- The trifle can be made the day before and chilled overnight, but the longer it’s stored, the more the berries ‘seep’ their natural rosy-pink juices
- Healthier option: Use light cream cheese, reduced fat custard and Sponge finger Savoiardi biscuits in place of panettone for a lighter alternative (Per Serve: 1560kJ, protein 9.3g, total fat 9g (sat. fat 5g), cholesterol 81.4mg, carbs 59.8g, fibre 4.9g, sodium 276.5mg. Glycemic index estimate: medium).