- 150g butter, cubed and softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 cup thick Greek natural yoghurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- Lemon Icing
- 2/3 cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tsp butter, melted
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 170C/150C fan-forced. Lightly grease and line the base and sides of a 22cm (base measurement) spring-form pan with baking paper.
- Using electric beaters, cream butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until light and creamy. Add lemon rind and beat until well combined. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition. Using a large metal spoon, fold in the sifted flour and almond meal alternately with yoghurt and milk. Gently stir in 1 cup frozen raspberries.
- Using electric beaters, beat egg whites in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, stir one-quarter of egg whites into cake batter. Gently fold in remaining egg whites. Spoon into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining frozen raspberries. Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce temperature to 160C/140C fan-forced and bake for a further 25-30 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make lemon icing, combine ingredients in a small bowl. Beat until smooth. Drizzle icing over cake, slice and serve.