- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- 4 tablespoons coriander, chopped
- 100g (or approx. 7-10 wedges) Creative Gourmet Frozen Lime Wedges, defrosted
- 4 Creative Gourmet Frozen Lime Wedges, defrosted (garnish)
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/3 cups mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Thaw Creative Gourmet Frozen Lime Wedges according to pack instructions.
- In a large pot, pour enough water in to cover all 3 chicken breasts completely. Add the vegetable stock, bay leaves, thyme, peppercorns, onions, carrot and celery to the pot.
- Bring mixture to boil and immediately reduce heat and cover the pot with a lid but leave a gap for steam to escape.
- Simmer gently for 10 minutes and remove pot from heat and allow chicken to rest in mixture for 15 minutes.
- Place 100g limes in a citrus squeezer and juice the limes. Set the juice aside.
- Once the chicken has cooled, remove from stock pot. You can save the liquid for future use by storing liquid in the freezer once cooled.
- Place the chicken in a medium bowl and add the mayonaise, lime juice, dijon mustard seeds, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together and with a fork, lightly tear the chicken breasts into smaller strips. Add the lime juice.
- Store the finished salad in the fridge to cool further until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Spoon cooled mixture into the centre of the avocado.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges.