Smoked Chicken & Asparagus Salad
Raspberry & Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 150g Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries, defrosted
- 1 tbs boiling water
- 1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 100g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed and leaves separated
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 green onions (shallots), finely sliced diagonally
- 400g smoked chicken breast, skin and fat removed, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs toasted pine nuts
- To make raspberry & balsamic vinaigrette, combine raspberries and boiling water in a heatproof bowl. Mash with a fork. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl to remove seeds. Discard seeds. Add vinegar and oil to sieved raspberries. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Bring a large frying pan of water to the boil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Add snow peas and cook for 1 minute. Drain, refresh in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Arrange lettuce, asparagus, snow peas, celery, green onions and smoked chicken on serving plates. Drizzle with dressing, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.
- PER SERVE: 1396kJ, protein 28.2g, total fat 21.5g (sat. fat 3.6g), cholesterol 79mg, carbs 4.9g, fibre 4g, sodium 389.6mg. GI estimate: Low