Raspberry & Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding
Cook Time45 min
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 60g butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease an 8cm deep oval or round 6-cup baking dish with melted butter.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Whisk egg, melted butter, milk and vanilla in a jug. Stir mixture and frozen raspberries into dry ingredients until combined. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top with remaining 1/3 cup frozen raspberries and slightly press into mixture.
- To make the sauce, combine brown sugar and cocoa. Sprinkle mixture over pudding. Evenly pour boiling water over the back of a large metal spoon onto the pudding. Place dish on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the top of the pudding comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes and serve immediately with ice-cream.
- Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries team perfectly with indulgent dark chocolate in this irresistible pudding. It’s so easy to prepare and there’s no need for electric beaters. This impressive dessert is best eaten within 10 minutes or so from coming out of the oven. I serve it with vanilla ice-cream. Forget the kilojoules, it’s winter after all!
- This cooks beautifully in an oval 6-cup dish (about 25cm long x 16cm wide x 6cm deep). Replace the raspberries with Creative Gourmet frozen Blackberries or Mixed Berries if liked.
- Health Tip – replace the butter with 40% reduced fat spread, use skim milk and reduced fat ice cream to serve – lowering per serve to 1331kJ, protein 5.9g, total fat 6.6g (sat. fat 1.5g), cholesterol 31.9mg, carbs 57.2g, fibre 4.3g, sodium 204.4mg. GI Estimate: Medium
- 1527kJ, protein 5.9g, total fat 12g (sat. fat 7.2g), cholesterol 62.5mg, carbs 57.2g, fibre 4.3g, sodium 275.7mg. GI estimate: Medium