Pineapple Cherry Cupcakes
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 20 min
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tea spoonsalt
- 1/2 cupunsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cuplight brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cupgranulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups Creative Gourmet Frozen Pineapple Pieces (defrosted)
Coconut Buttercream Frostingstrong:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter softened (Make sure the butter isn’t super soft! This will result in a loose, runny consistency in the frosting. Set the butter on the counter 25-30 minutes prior to use.)
- 6tablespoonscanned coconut milk
- 3cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy. Add the sugar, continue to beat for 3 minutes.
- Set the mixer to low and beat in the vanilla. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Beat in the defrosted pineapple pieces and its juice.
- Add the flour mixture from the start, mixing just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.Top with coconut buttercream frosting.
Top with coconut buttercream frosting.
Coconut Buttercream Frosting:
- Combine the butter and coconut milk in a large mixing bowl. Using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat until combined and creamy.
- Gradually add the icing sugar (1 cup at a time), beating on medium-low speed until most of the sugar is moistened. You may need more or less depending on how soft the butter is.
- Turn the speed up to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Frosting will keep for up to 4 days stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Let stand at room temperature to soften before use.
- Or it can be frozen for up to 3 months. When ready to use, place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Let stand at room temperature to soften before use.