Passionfruit and Raspberry Tart
Prep Time 25 min
Cook Time 40 min
- 300g unsalted butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 190g icing sugar
- 60g ground almonds
- 1 vanilla bean, scrapped
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 500g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
Passion Fruit Curd
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, extra, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (125ml) Creative Gourmet Frozen Passionfruit Pulp (no seeds) defrosted (keep the seeds aside)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup Creative Gourmet Frozen Raspberries
- 250ml water
- Orange zest
- Lemon zest
- 1 used vanilla pods or ½ vanilla bean seeds
- Passionfruit seeds (kept from the passionfruit in the cream recipe)
- 100g sugar
- 10g pectin (15g for regular pectin)
- 10g lemon juice
- 3-4 chopped mint leaves
- Place the butter in a mixer bowl and beat until smooth and creamy using a paddle attachment.
- Add the sugar, ground almonds, and vanilla bean. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating the previous one before adding the next one (the dough might look curdled at this point but don’t worry, it’ll come together once you add the flour).
- Combine the flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add to the dough in about three additions. Mix until it just comes together. Do not overwork it!
- Form into a ball and wrap with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the fridge the next day and roll it between two sheets of parchment paper, or just a well-floured surface. You need to move quickly though. You don’t want the dough to be soft and overworked.
- Line your tart pan with the dough and place back in the fridge for at least 1-2 hrs to rest. (You can also freeze the remaining dough at this point and thaw it in the fridge when required).
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- When you’re ready to bake, put a parchment paper on top of the dough and fill the bottom with either rice or beans.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Take the parchment paper and the beans/rice off, then continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
Let it cool in the pan.
- Place the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, Creative Gourmet Frozen Passionfruit Pulp and lemon juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Gradually add the butter, stirring continuously, until melted.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 6–8 minutes or until the curd has thickened. Makes 2 cups (640g).
Set aside and place in the fridge
- Combine the water, zests, and vanilla pod and seeds and heat in a saucepan until it starts to bubble.
- Add the sugar and the pectin. Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon juice and mint leaves.
- Leave to infuse for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Once cooled, run through a fine sieve.
Keep in the refrigerator
To put all together, pour the passionfruit curd into the tart and place a small pieces of raspberries on the top sparingly. Smooth the top so it looks even and even.
Place back in fridge for 30 minutes.
** If the cream has cooled and set, stir it until it is creamy again before filling the tart shell with it.
Glaze the tart after the filling has set and place raspberries on top.
Optional: Warm in a pan 2 tablespoons of honey, brush on the side of the tart and add desiccated coconut.