Mixed Berry Tarts
Cook Time25 min
- 1 sheet frozen ready rolled puff pastry*
- 1/3 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 150g Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- Thick natural yoghurt or cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Place frozen pastry onto a board to just defrost. Cut 4 x 12cm circles (see tips) from the pastry. Place pastry circles onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Using an 8cm round pastry cutter, lightly score a circle in the centre of each pastry circle.
- Mix almond meal and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl. Evenly spoon mixture into the centre of each pastry circle. Arrange the frozen mixed berries over the almond mixture. Lightly brush pastry with egg white. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffed and golden. Serve warm with thick natural yoghurt or cream.
- Use a 12cm saucer or bowl as a guide to cut the pastry circles. And a 8cm pastry cutter to lightly score the pastry, the scoring results in pastry gently puffing and rising around the berries.
- * For the recipe photograph, we used Careme brand frozen all butter puff pastry which is perfect for these tarts and is available from gourmet delis.