Mixed Berry, Apple & Pecan Crumble
Cook Time50 min
- 600g Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 500g bag Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 40g butter, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pecan nuts, chopped
- 100ml milk
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an 8-cup baking dish. Peel, core, quarter and slice apples into thin wedges. Combine apples and 2 tbs sugar in a bowl. Spoon into prepared dish. Cover with foil. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until apple is softening.
- Meanwhile, to make cobbler topping, combine flour, sugar and salt in a food processor. Process to combine. Add butter and process until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a large bowl. Add milk and pecan nuts. Gently stir to combine.
- Remove apples from oven. Remove foil, add frozen mixed berries and remaining 2 tbs sugar. Gently stir to combine. Using a large metal spoon, dollop 6 spoonfuls of cobbler mixture over fruit. Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes until topping is golden and risen. Stand for 10 minutes. Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream.
- Per serve: 1459kJ, protein 5.6g, total fat 14.1g (sat. fat 4.5g), cholesterol 19.3mg, carbs 48.5g, fibre 5.4g, sodium 305.1mg. GI Estimate: Medium