Blueberry & Honey Breakfast Compote
- 500g Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 720g tub thick natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons LSA*
- 2 cups Granola or toasted muesli
- To make berry honey compote, place frozen berries, apple juice and honey in a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes until berries are defrosted and tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside cool.
- Transfer to an airtight container and chill until ready to serve.
- Stir LSA through the yoghurt. Layer berry compote, yoghurt mixture and granola or toasted muesli in serving glasses and serve.
- Per serve: 822kJ, protein 9.4g, total fat 5.5g (sat. fat 2.7g), cholesterol 15mg, carbs 25.7g, fibre 4g, sodium 109.3mg. Carb exchanges: 1 2/3. GI estimate: low.
- Please note, this per serve does not include the ‘to serve’ granola or toasted muesli.
- For individual serves, make the berry compote and LSA yoghurt mixture in advance and store in separate airtight containers in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- *LSA is a mixture of ground linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds available from health food shops and large supermarkets.
- For a lighter option reduce the honey to 2 tsp, serve with a low fat yoghurt, and 1 tablespoon of LSA, on top of porridge made with rolled oats and water, or high fibre flaked cereal, wheat biscuits or an untoasted 97% fat free muesli.