- 339g butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 113g shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 450g icing sugar
- 100g (or approx. 7 wedges) Creative Gourmet Frozen Lime Wedges
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees celsius
- Line the bottom of two cake pans with baking paper and spray with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each egg. Finally, add the vanilla and beat the mixture until well combined.
- In a second bowl, mix the flour together with the baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add this mixture to the batter a little bit at a time, alternate with the coconut milk. Gently stir until mixture is just combined.
- Pour mixture into cake pans and place in preheated oven. Bake for 45-55mins or until a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before placing upside down on cooling racks.
- Once cake is completely cool, frost with the lime icing and serve.
- Thaw Creative Gourmet Frozen Lime Wedges according to pack instructions.
- Grate approximately 3-4 wedges, and set the lime zest aside.
- Place the limes in a citrus squeezer and juice the limes. Set the juice aside.
- Beat together the butter, lime zest, vanilla extract and salt in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, lime juice and milk into the mixture, beating in one tablespoon at a time to prevent clumping.
- If the buttercream is too thick, mix in an extra tablespoon of milk.
- Smooth icing over cooled Coconut Cake and serve!