- Melted butter, for greasing
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 500g bag Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup natural muesli
- 125g butter, chilled and chopped
- Thick natural yoghurt or vanilla ice-cream, to serve
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan-forced. Grease a 6-cup (about 5cm deep) ovenproof dish with melted butter.
- Place apples, water and caster sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until very tender. Stir in frozen berries. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and gently smooth the top.
- To make the crumble topping, place flour, brown sugar and muesli in bowl. Rub in the butter until roughly crumbled. Evenly sprinkle crumble over berry mixture. Bake for 35-40 minutes until topping is golden. Serve with thick natural yoghurt or vanilla ice-cream.
Per serve: 1217kJ, protein 2.6g, total fat 13.9g (sat. fat 8.7g), cholesterol 37.8mg, carbs 37.5g, fibre 4.7g, sodium 91.9mg. GI estimate: medium
- You can use any combination of Creative Gourmet frozen berries in this crumble.