Watermelon and Haloumi Salad
Prep Time 12 min
Cook Time 5 min
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 cup Creative Gourmet Frozen Watermelon Chunks
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh herbs (combined fresh mint and coriander leaves)
- Small handful of beans
- Leafy greens
- 1 x orange segmented
- 1 small mandarin
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g pkt haloumi
- Mint leaves
- Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, 1/2 tsp sumac and remaining oil in a bowl. Season and set aside.
- Place Creative Gourmet Frozen Watermelon Chunks, herbs, beans, leafy greens, orange segments, mandarin on a platter and set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook haloumi, turning, for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place the cooked haloumi onto the top of the salad platter, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with fresh mint leaves.