Strawberry & Passionfruit Pavlova
Prep Time 30-45 min
Cook Time 60 min
- 375g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 4 cubes Creative Gourmet Frozen Passionfruit Pulp (defrosted)
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 375g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced.
- Draw a 20cm x 25cm egg shape onto a piece of baking paper. Turn paper over. Line a greased baking tray with the pape.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved after each addition.
- Add cornflour and salt. Beat until well combined and mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. Fold in vinegar and vanilla.
- Using egg template as a guide, gently mound meringue on paper, smoothing sides. Bake for 1 hour or until meringue is firm to touch but not browned. Turn oven off.
- Cool meringue in oven with door ajar for 2 hours.
- Cool completely at room temperature.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean.
- Using a food processor, process ricotta, vanilla seeds and sugar until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk in cream until thick.
Putting in all together
- Crack a small hole in top of meringue.
- Fill with ricotta cream.
- Top with strawberries and passionfruit.