Raspberry Iced Tea
- 4 English Breakfast or Ceylon tea bags
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 6 cups iced water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 300g Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cups ice-cubes
- Place teabags and sugar into a large heatproof jug. Pour over boiling water. Stir until sugar dissolves and stand for 4-5 minutes to make a strong black tea. Remove tea bags and set aside to cool.
- Pour cooled tea into a large serving jug. Stir in iced water, lemon juice and frozen raspberries. Add lemon and ice. Serve immediately.
- Don’t make the tea too strong or the mixture may become bitter.
- Taste before serving and add extra lemon juice or sugar to your taste.
- Health tip – using sugar substitute Per serve: 130kJ, protein 0.9g, total fat 0.2g (sat. fat 0g), cholesterol 0mg, carbs 4.2g, fibre 2.1g, sodium 6.1mg. Glycemic index estimate: medium.
- Per serve: 406kJ, protein 0.9g, total fat 0.2g (sat. fat 0g), cholesterol 0mg, carbs 21.5 g, fibre 2.1g, sodium 6.1mg. Glycemic index estimate: medium.