Mixed Berry Rossini
- 500g bag Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 750ml bottle Prosecco, sparking white wine or champagne, chilled
- Place frozen berries into a medium saucepan. Add sugar and lemon juice and bring to the boil, stirring often, over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes until glossy and syrupy. Remove from heat and set aside to slightly cool.
- Push the berries through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl to remove seeds. Discard seeds. Place puree (you should have about 300ml) into an airtight container, cover and chill for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Based on the famous Bellini cocktail, this is a great drink for the races, spring picnics or special gatherings with family and friends.
- Prosecco is an Italian-style sparkling white wine that’s traditionally used in this cocktail.
- Use a wooden spoon, to mash the berries and push them through the sieve so you catch all their natural juices.
- The pureed mixed berries can be made up to 3 days ahead of serving.To serve, spoon 2 tbs (40ml) chilled berry puree into champagne glasses. Top with chilled Prosecco, sparkling white wine or champagne and serve immediately.
680kJ, protein 1.wg, total fat 0g (sat. fat 0g), cholesterol 0mg, carbs 18.7g, fibre 3.4g, sodium 12.5mg. GI estimate: low