Grilled Kebabs with Pork & Pineapple
Prep Time 40 min
Cook Time 10 min
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1kg pork fillets cut into cubes
- 3 cups Creative Gourmet Frozen Pineapple Pieces (defrosted)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine 1/4 cup oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, salt and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add cubed pork, tossing to coat.
- Marinade for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Toss pineapple, peppers, and onion with 2 tablespoons olive oil in another bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
- Thread red pepper, then onion, then pineapple, then pork onto 8 skewers. Repeat until all pieces are used up.
- Brush with remaining marinade.
- Grill kebabs over high heat, turning until pork is well browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a pineapple relish
- If your using wooden skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning.