Caramel Banana Tart
Prep Time 25 min
Cook Time (+ 1 hr to set) 10 min
For the base:
- 100g butter, melted
- 225g light digestive biscuits, crushed
For the caramel
- 75g butter
- 75g dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can condensed milk
For the top:
- 2 cups Creative Gourmet Frozen Banana Chunks (defrosted & drained)
- 150ml whipping cream, lightly whipped
- Cocoa powder, to dust
Use either a 20cm or 2 x 10cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Grease the tin with melted butter.
- Place the crushed biscuit in your bowl, then tip in the melted butter and mix it all together. Spoon this into the base and press against the bottom and sides – this is the base of the pie recipe. Chill for ten minutes.
- Combine 75g butter and sugar into a non-stick saucepan over a low heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved. Add the condensed milk and bring to a rapid boil for about a minute, stirring all the time for a thick golden caramel. Spread the caramel over the base, cool and then chill for about 1 hour, until firm or until ready to serve.
- Carefully lift the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Place the bananas over the top of the caramel mixture. Add the whipped cream over the bananas and finish with dusting cocoa powder on top.