- 350g Creative Gourmet Banana Chunks (thawed)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon plus a pinch salt
- Thaw Frozen Creative Gourmet Banana Chunks in the fridge for 1 hour before step 2.
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- In 2 medium bowls, separate 3 egg whites from the yolks. Add the remaining whole egg to the bowl with the yolks.
- In a saucepan, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar, the all purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir in the eggs yolks with the whole egg, and then add the milk while stirring.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it thickens, this should take about 10 minutes. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and add the vanilla.
- In a mid size casserole dish, pour in approximately 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Then arrange the thawed banana chunks over the pudding.
- Repeat step 6 until casserole dish is filled, make sure to end with the pudding on the top layer to caramelise.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
Products Used In This Recipe