- 300g bag Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar,
- 1 ½ x 400g packets sponge jam rolls, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 2 litres dairy milk chocolate chip ice-cream
- Extra Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries, to serve (optional)
- Raspberry Coulis (makes 300ml)
- 500g Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Place frozen berries into bowl. Sprinkle with icing sugar and set aside to thaw. When just tender, roughly crush berries with a fork.
- Meanwhile, line a 2 litre (8-cup) mixing bowl or pudding bowl with plastic wrap. Reserve 8 slices sponge roll. Line the sides and base of the pudding bowl with remaining sponge slices.
- Place ice-cream in a large bowl and set aside to soften slightly. Fold crushed berries into ice-cream. Spoon into prepared bowl. Smooth surface and top with remaining sponge slices to seal. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
- To make raspberry coulis, place frozen raspberries and sugar into a medium saucepan. Heat, stirring often, over medium heat until bubbling. Reduce heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove from heat, set aside to cool. Press raspberry mixture through a sieve to strain. Place coulis into an airtight container. Chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, remove pudding from freezer and stand for 10 minutes then turn pudding onto a serving plate (remove plastic wrap). Drizzle with a little raspberry coulis, decorate with extra berries if using. Slice and serve with raspberry coulis.
- Use plain sponge jam roll – without a cream filling.
- To quickly defrost berries, place in a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave in burst of 30 seconds until just tender.
- Make the pudding and the coulis up to 3 days before serving.
- If it’s difficult to remove from the bowl, gently loosen the sides with a blunt knife.
- A 500g bag Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries is ideal as you will have sufficient berries to make plus decorate the pudding.
- Health tip – Use low fat icecream and sugar substitute in the coulis Per Serve: 1700kJ, protein 7.5g, total fat 8.3g (sat. fat 5g), cholesterol 34.8mg, carbs 80g, fibre 4.8g, sodium 234mg. Glycemic index estimate: medium.
- 2125kJ, protein 8.3g, total fat 17.9g (sat. fat 11.1g), cholesterol 50.7mg, carbs 81g, fibre 4.8g, sodium 233mg. Glycemic index estimate: medium.