- 375g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 4 cubes Creative Gourmet Frozen Passionfruit Pulp (defrosted)
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split
- 375g fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
Products Used In This Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 120°C/100°C fan-forced.
2. Draw a 20cm x 25cm egg shape onto a piece of baking paper. Turn paper over. Line a greased baking tray with the paper.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar is dissolved after each addition.
4. Add cornflour and salt. Beat until well combined and mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. Fold in vinegar and vanilla.
5. Using egg template as a guide, gently mound meringue on paper, smoothing sides. Bake for 1 hour or until meringue is firm to touch but not browned. Turn oven off.
6. Cool meringue in oven with door ajar for 2 hours.
7. Cool completely at room temperature.
1. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean.
2. Using a food processor, process ricotta, vanilla seeds and sugar until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Whisk in cream until thick.
Putting in all together
1. Crack a small hole in top of meringue.
2. Fill with ricotta cream.
3. Top with strawberries and passionfruit.