- 1 cup water
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 500g Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 free-range very fresh egg white
Products Used In This Recipe:
Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool (it makes 250ml).
2. Place frozen raspberries and 250ml sugar syrup (from step 1) into a food processor. Process until smooth.
3. In batches, press the raspberry mixture through a sieve into a bowl (see tip). Discard seeds in sieve. Wipe out the food processor bowl with paper towel. Add sieved raspberry mixture, lemon juice and egg white. Process until well combined. Pour into a 1 litre air-tight container. Freeze, gently stirring sorbet mixture about every 20 minutes for the first hour, then leave to freeze for 4-5 hours or overnight until just firm and serve.
- This delicious sorbet is dairy and fat free! Scoop it into crisp waffle cones or serving glasses for the easiest of desserts.
- Using a wooden spoon, press the pureed berry mixture through a sieve (not too fine) to remove the raspberry seeds. Scrape the deseeded berry puree from underside of the sieve to avoid wastage.
- The sorbet can be made 4-5 days before serving.
- Per serve(serving 6): 701kJ, protein 1.6g, total fat 0.3g (sat. fat 0g), cholesterol 0mg, carbs 40g, fibre 4.5g, sodium 10.8mg. GI estimate: medium