- 25g butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon coconut essence
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1¼ cups Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut (thawed & shredded finely)
- 1¼ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 500ml fresh milk cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar or to taste
- ¼ cup Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut (thawed & sliced in strips)
Products Used In This Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Transfer mixture into the lined tin; bake for about 40 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack, top-side up, to cool.
1. Combine vanilla extract, and cream into a bowl adding the sugar in small amounts. Beat using an electric mixer until it holds soft peaks, about 2 minutes.
2. Slice Creative Gourmet Frozen Coconut finely in strips.
1. Using a long serrated knife, slice the cooled cake horizontally into 2 layers. Carefully place one half aside.
2. Evenly spread 1/4 of the filling over the cut side of the bottom cake layer.
3. Place second cake layer over the filling, cut side down, pressing gently to secure it.
4. Using an offset spatula or a long, thin spatula, spread 3/4 cup of the cream in a thin layer over the top and sides of the cake.
Add sliced coconut on top.