- 2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar, sifted
- 125g mascarpone
- 25g white chocolate, grated
- 2 cups (250g) Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
Products Used In This Recipe:
- To make tart cases, preheat oven to 200ºC/180ºC fan-forced. Place pastry on a bench to defrost. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut 16 circles from pastry. Use to line a pattie cake or muffin pan. Gently prick bases 2 times with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool in pans.
- Place ¾ cup frozen raspberries into a small bowl and set aside to defrost. Meanwhile using electric hand beaters, whip cream and icing sugar in a medium bowl until firm peaks form. Add mascarpone and beat on low speed until smooth. Add 2 tbs grated chocolate. Mash raspberries in bowl with a fork and add to mascarpone mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Evenly spoon mascarpone mixture into pastry cases. Decorate with remaining frozen raspberries. Set aside for 10 minutes for the raspberries to slightly defrost. Sprinkle with remaining grated chocolate and serve.
- These sweet little tarts are perfect for race day picnics, afternoon tea or a celebration lunch.
- If you prefer not to make your own tart cases, use 12 frozen sweet tart cases. Bake the tart cases following packet directions and cool before adding the filling.
- Health Tip – use 25% reduced fat pastry. Low fat cream won’t whip, but you can replace mascarpone with light cream cheese for a slightly healthier option.
- Per serve: 700kJ, Protein 1.7g, Total Fat 12.3g (Sat. Fat 6.8g), Cholesterol 27.7mg, Carbs 12.2g, Fibre 1.1g, Sodium 94.6mg. GI Estimate: Medium