- Rice bran or canola oil spray, for greasing
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ¼ cup cocoa
- ¾ cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 cups Creative Gourmet frozen Raspberries
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk
- ½ cup rice bran or canola oil
- 12 small caramel-filled Easter eggs, wrapping removed
- Icing sugar, for dusting
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease a 12 hole (100ml per hole) muffin pan with oil spray.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Stir through the frozen raspberries. Make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, whisk eggs, buttermilk or milk and oil until smooth. Add mixture to dry ingredients. Using a large metal spoon, gently stir until just combined. Spoon half the muffin mixture into prepared pans. Place an Easter egg in the centre of each. Top with remaining muffin mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes until just firm to touch and cooked through when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Ease the muffins from the pan (you may need to run a blunt knife around the edges) onto a cooling rack. Dust with icing sugar to serve. (They’re best served warm).
Per serve: 1233kJ, protein 5.7g, total fat 14g (sat. fat 3g), cholesterol 354.5mg, carbs 36.7g, fibre 2.8g, sodium 200.9mg. GI estimate: low
- These sweet, delicious Easter-egg filled muffins are best served warm.
- When Easter eggs are not available, use squares of Caramello or Rolo chocolate.