- 1 1/4 cup (300g) sour cream
- 100ml thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 125g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups Creative Gourmet Frozen Banana Chunks (thawed)
- 1 cup (100g) walnuts, toasted, chopped
- 1/3 cup (110g) Nestle Top’n’Fill caramel
- 125g pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons espresso coffee, cooled
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 28 x 12cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Combine sour cream, thickened cream and bicarb in a large bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Add butter, sugar and eggs, and stir to combine.
- Add cinnamon, flour and baking powder, then add choc chips, thawed bananas and half the walnuts. Swirl through Top’n’Fill caramel. Pour the mixture into pan and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if browning too quickly).
- Cool for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine icing sugar and espresso until soft icing forms. Drizzle over banana bread and top with remaining walnuts.