- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (or to taste) + extra for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup light thickened cream
Products Used In This Recipe:
- Combine oats, water, milk, cinnamon and salt in a medium non-stick saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until creamy and oats are tender.
- Gently fold through frozen berries and cook for about 2 minutes or until fruit is just defrosted. Stir in brown sugar (to taste) and cream. Spoon porridge into bowls. Sprinkle with a little extra brown sugar and serve.
- Don’t use instant oats. If you like cinnamon, add an extra 1/4 tsp to the porridge.
- The porridge is delicious topped with a spoonful of thick natural yoghurt.
- Healthier option: Replace water and milk with skim milk, omit cream and use half brown sugar and half granulated sugar substitute. Saves 400kJ and 10g fat.
Per serve: :
- 1603kJ, protein 10.9g, total fat 14.8g (sat. fat 8.2g), cholesterol 37.3mg, carbs 44.7g, fibre 8.3g, sodium 142.5mg. GI estimate: low